Plato's Closet- San Jose, CA
$170,000 including inventory
The San Jose Plato's Closet is an excellent opportunity to buy an established business that is positioned for growth. Unfortunately, the current owner is experiencing health issues and needs to sell the business ASAP! With a new owner dedicating more time to the day to day operations this business will thrive. Make an Offer!
Plato's Closet has been named the #1 Franchise in the Apparel and Accessories category according to Entrepreneur magazine's 401th Annual Franchise 500. The business and financial model for this brand is unparalleled. The system average sales and gross margins for Plato's Closet prove this is a proven and recession resistant business model. Please inquire for more information.
Support and Training: Training provided by franchisor upon transfer. Additional support in Marketing/Advertising, merchandising, inventory management, financial analysis through both field and remote visits. Additional training opportunities at National and Regional franchisee meetings and conferences.
Why has Plato's Closet proven to be so successful?
- We pay cash on the spot to customers fashionable and stylish gently used items.
- We offer high-quality, gently used items from all the top brands at affordable prices.
- We discount our merchandise up to 90% off the regular retail prices.
- We maintain an inventory that constantly offers new items and an ever-changing assortment.
- We carry items that appeared in malls typically in the last 12-18 months.
- We buy all seasons, all day, every day—and no appointment is necessary for customers selling clothes.
- We provide a bright, clean retail-resale shopping experience.
- We work with franchisees who are passionate about fashion and serving customers.
Plato's Closet's success has been recognized across the industry: it has been included in Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500 for 13 consecutive years—and continues to rank #1 in its category. In 2014, the brand was also ranked the #1 best $150,000 to $500,000 investment in all of franchising by Forbes Magazine. Plato's Closet's biggest success, however, has been with our dedicated franchisees who have continued to build robust, profitable businesses that quickly become part of their community.
Interested in becoming qualified as a potential Plato's Closet franchisee? Submit our qualification form today—we look forward to hearing from you!
Sales & Gross Margin
Average Store Gross Sales: $1,037,564*
Average Gross Profit: $640,062*
Top Quartile Average Gross Sales: $1,548,876*
Top Quartile Average Gross Profit: $958,758*
Females age 12 to 24
Middle to upper middle income households
Junior/senior high school and college students
98% gently used
Power strip centers or suburban centers around regional shopping malls with a solid teen draw
3,000 – 4,000 square feet