About Play It Again Sports®
Changing the Sports Retail Industry Since 1983
Play It Again Sports was first founded in 1983 and quickly became the flagship franchise brand for the company that would come to be known as Winmark®. Over those years, Winmark used the Play It Again Sports brand to pioneer it's "ultra-high-value” retail niche that continues to serve a pivotal role in communities all over North America.
Interested in learning more about Play It Again Sports and the brand’s continued success nationwide? Contact us today to learn more.
A Major Industry Force
Just how big is the sports retail industry? In 2016, its estimated that the sales of sporting goods equipment, fitness equipment, and sporting goods footwear topped $80 billion in the United States alone! Over the last 30+ years, the Play It Again Sports brand has become a major player in this arena due to its engaged approach to franchising, new and quality used inventory, extensive product knowledge, locally owned and operated stores, and superior customer service.
What makes Play It Again Sports different?
- We satisfy our customers sports and fitness needs. Our stores offer 60% new merchandise and 40% used, creating a unique and ever-changing assortment for our customers while at the same time being able to offer our customers the complete solution for their sports and fitness needs.
- We offer savings. We cater to customers who "trade in and trade up", thus creating their own discount by trading in their current equipment for something new each season.
- We pay on the spot for our customers' quality Used sports and fitness equipment.
- We offer value. We price our quality used sports and fitness gear at discounts up to 40% to 90% off.
- We offer product expertise. We offer the most knowledgeable product sales experts in the industry through our franchisees and their employees, many of whom are active athletes themselves.
- We offer exceptional customer service. We provide the best in class service and superior customer experience in the industry.
- We are currently rolling out an ecommerce platform that will allow each of our stores to promote and sell both their new and used inventory daily.
- We are locally owned and operated. We partner with franchisees who are passionate about sports in their community and can regularly engage with customers.
With nearly 300 Play It Again Sports locations in North America, we are the largest new and used sports retailer on the continent. With that clout and visibility in the marketplace, we continue to push the Play It Again Sports brand into new territory by partnering with franchisees who are enthusiastic about sports and are ready to build a successful community business doing what they love.