How Winmark Franchises Are Growing the Green Economy
Did you know that the fashion industry is one of the world’s largest polluters? In fact, 8% of global greenhouse gas emissions are produced by the clothing industry. The fashion industry is also responsible for 15 million tons of garbage. This is because the average American consumer throws away 81 pounds of clothing each year.
For the last 30 years, Winmark Corporation has been a leader in resale/recycle retail franchising. While our retail franchises have consistently delivered profits for franchisees and other investors, we are also committed to growing the green economy through our many brands.
Here are some of the strides we have made through our resale recycling efforts in 2018:
- 151,750,000 million items were saved by landfills thanks to our brands.
- 93,625,500 million miscellaneous items were saved from landfills. This includes things like sports equipment, musical instruments, and teen and kids apparel and accessories.
- 58 million clothing items were saved from landfills.
- 40 million gallons of water was saved due to the efforts of our franchise owners.
Total Number of Items Recycled in 2018 by Brand
- Once Upon a Child: 84 million items
- Plato’s Closet: 54 million items
- Style Encore: 3.9 million items
- Play It Again Sports: 9.4 million items
- Music Go Round: 225,500 items
To learn more about franchising opportunities with the Winmark Corporation, contact us today to discuss your first steps to becoming a franchisee. Call (866) 595-0053 to get started!